viernes, 24 de junio de 2016
miércoles, 22 de junio de 2016
Grammar exam. Task types
1. Students will sort a list of 30 adverbs into the right question.
How - When - Where - How often
CAREFULLY NOW UPSTAIRS SOMETIMES
2. Students will fill a chart with the comparative and superlative form of 7 adverbs.
adverb comparative superlative
SAFELY MORE SAFELY MOST SAFELY
3. Students will change adjectives into adverbs and then write the comparative os superlative form as needed.
My dog runs _the most slowly_ (slow) of all.
My dog runs more slowly (slow) than yours
4. Students will read and complete sentences using the action and the adverb that will be given.
Verb: walks Adverb: slowly
Lola the turtle walks slowly
lunes, 20 de junio de 2016
For the Spelling exam the teacher will dictate 35 words.
For the Vocabulary exam students will:
1. Read descriptions or meaning and make a drawing.
e.g. Adjective, synonym of unhappy
2. Words in Context
e.g. Jack Sparrow had lost his ___________________ . (compass - lid - seeds)
3. Crossword puzzle .
viernes, 17 de junio de 2016
Students should study verbs in all tenses and meanings.
Exam tasks example:
1. Read and answer .
a. To exist, to live in past participle: been
b. To accomplish, to complete in past simple: did
c. To pick out, to select in gerund: choosing
2. Read the sentence and make a drawing.
The girl is wearing a pink dress.
3. Complete a verbs chart, in all tenses.
Please visit the website: http://www.espressoenglish.net/tips-for-learning-irregular-verbs-in-english/
it´s a very useful reaource to study
Bimestrial 5 Compendium
miércoles, 15 de junio de 2016
- Advantages - With exams, a person will be able to know his performance and knowledge. For most people, exams may encourage them to work and learn.
- Sometimes with exams, it can create competition, which push the competitioners to do their best. it helps in developing one’s own personality and confidence.If a person pass the exams and got a good result, it helps to get a scholarship which will bring to have a good job. (a good future)
- Dear parents,
- The bimestrial 5 exams are coming next week, please talk about this with your children and encourage them.
- An exam is an official test of knowledge. We have exams everywhere around the world. Youngs and adults can have exams, there is not a particular age to have exams.
P.S. Students must bring complete material, spare pencil, eraser, sharpener, etc.
Sharing won´t be allowed.
domingo, 12 de junio de 2016
Third Grade Calendar and Guide Exams- 5th Term
· Monday 20th -Reading and Verbs
· Tuesday 21st - Spelling , Vocabulary and Listening
· Wednesday 22nd - Science
· Thursday 23rd - Grammar and Writing
Spelling and vocabulary exam
Study all list from the notebook (gray) -(Bimestrial 5 compendium)
Concepts, meanings , synonyms and antonyms.
Crossword puzzle, words in context, match columns, label and draw pictures.
Grammar exam (Study from the notebook and Grammar book )
The use of either, neither, so , and too page 65.
Adverbs from the notebook and book pages 69, Comparative and superlative form
Questions to identify an adverb
Differences between adjectives and adverbs and their functions.
Identify parts of a speech in sentences (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs)
websites to study and practice :
Verbs exam Study all list from the notebook , all tenses and meanings.
Science exam Block 4 Unit 2 Lesson 1 Why is there night and day?
Day and night pages 121 and 122
Year divisions such as months, weeks, hours, seasons pages 123, and 125
Leap years page 125
Why do we have seasons page 124
Concepts chart from pages 126.
Diagrams from pages 121, 122, and 123.
Students should write a recipe using writing book (green) from page 46 through 51, and notebook as resources.
In order to build up practice and knowledge of the whole process, students must perform, prepare, and enjoy the recipe, as well as bringing a picture that shows the student preparing the recipe with the ingresdients.
The recipe must include: Ingredientes, instructions and 2 suggestions.